|Chaos Cluster X-var|
by: Dev Frizz on Wednesday the 11th of January 2012
Chaos Cluster requested a X-var for the Calico Utility Vehicle allowing it to deploy turrets. To balance this across the three dedicated miners in the game (Calico, Coluber and Hedgehog) the following tweaks have been made:
- Calico now has an X-var (25%) allowing it to deploy a Basic Missile Turret (25 turn cool-down, turret self-destructs after 15 turns)
- Coluber now has an X-var (60%) allowing it to deploy a Basic Ballistic Turret (20 turn cool-down, turret self-destructs after 20 turns)
- Coluber mining effiency increased to 30% (was 25%)
- Hedgehog now has an X-var (100%) allowing it to deploy a Basic Energy Turret (10 turn cool-down, turret self-destructs after 25 turns)
- Hedgehog mining effiency increased to 25% (was 15%)
- Turrets deployed by a Scout Sniper Meka now have a self-destruct Acti
by: Dev Frizz on Wednesday the 04th of January 2012
PGF requested a X-var to a unit which gave sector-wide bonuses to-hit. Given that this area has needed some work it seemed like a good time to re-vamp the mechanics. Sector-wide to-hit bonuses now fall into one of three categories:
- Unit giving the bonus can move and unit receiving the bonus can move, stacks with other bonuses of this type, capped at +2 Gunnery Levels
- Unit giving the bonus cannot move and unit receiving the bonus can move, stacks with other bonuses of this type, capped at +2.5 Gunnery Levels
- Unit giving the bonus cannot move and unit receiving the bonus cannot move, stacks with other bonuses of this type, capped at +3 Gunnery Levels
Here's how the units which gave sector-wide to-hit bonuses now look:
- Farseer gains a +1 GL per unit bonus stackable up-to +2 GL
- Witman X-var gives +1.25GL per unit stackable up-to +2.5 GL, however the Witman cannot have moved the previous turn
- Hawkeye gives +0.5GL per unit stackable up-to +2GL
- Hawkeye PGF X-var gives +0.5GL per unit stackable up-to +3GL, however the Hawkeye AND the unit getting the bonus cannot have moved last turn. Yes, the Hawkeye gives two types of bonuses
- Nightstalker has a +1 GL per unit bonus stackable up-to +2 GL
- Deep Sensor has a +2 GL per unit bonus stackable up-to +2
- Deep Sensor has a +3 GL per unit bonus stackable up-to +3 GL if the unit receiving the bonus and the Deep Sensor did not move last turn
When the to-hit value is calculated the game now computes a value for each sector-wide to-hit bonus category and only applied the highest to your unit. So if your unit received +2 GL sector-wide from two Farseers and +1.5 GL from three Hawkeyes it would only receive a +2 GL bonus to-hit.
|Faction X-var Winners!|
by: Santa Frizz on Saturday the 24th of December 2011
Happy Holidays everyone and congratulations to the following X-var winners!
Advanced: Sanctuary of Shadows
Intermediate: Paranoid Galaxy Force
Simple: Chaos Cluster
Winning faction leaders, please email me in-game with your ideas for your faction's X-variant. I'll see you all in 2012 =)
by: Tweaker Frizz on Sunday the 04th of December 2011
I've made a few tweaks to the less popular merits. I'll continue to monitor the situation to see if this has any impact. The changes made were:
- Packrat: AoE Ammo Resupply now every 5 turns (was every 10)
- Energy Specialist: Shield Regen increased to 25% (was 10%)
- Engineer: Shield bonus increased to 50% (was 25%)
- Armorer: Armor bonus increased to 50% (was 25%)
- The cost to create a faction has been increased to 250 TerraBucks
|Faction X-Var Auction II|
by: Auctioneer Frizz on Tuesday the 29th of November 2011
Based on the popularity of the first auction I've decided to hold a second. The same rules as last time will apply, if your faction won a variant last auction it will need to bid on a different complexity this time around. Factions can bid to create an X-variant for one Simple, Intermediate or Advanced vehicle or meka using unspent faction points.
- One Advanced, one Intermediate and one Simple X-variants are up for auction
- Only faction leaders can submit a bid and a faction can only submit one bid (multiple bids on the same or different complexities will cause the faction to be disqualified from the auction)
- A faction can only bid on a single complexity, if your faction bids for the Advanced X-var it cannot bid for the Simple or Intermediate X-variant
- The highest amount of unspent faction points bid wins that auction, these factions points will then be marked as spent
- Bidding is blind, you will not know what other factions bid
- Faction which bid unspent faction points they do not have will be disqualified from this and all future X-var auctions
- Faction leaders who wish to participate in the auction must submit their bids by 11:59pm PST, December 21st
- There will be four winning factions: two will create Advanced X-variants (the highest and second highest bids), one will create an Intermediate X-variant (highest bid) and one will create a Simple X-variant (highest bid)
Faction leaders, consult your members and decide which complexity you wish to bid for. When you are ready to submit your bid, email me in-game with a message subject of Faction X-var Bid the body of your message should contain your bid amount and the complexity you are bidding for. Remember, you can only bid once for a single complexity! Bidding ends on December 21st at 11:59pm PST. Once bidding has ended I'll work with the leaders to implement the new X-variants. It will be up to the factions to determine how these variants will work with a few exceptions:
- Commander-only and Unique vehicles cannot be given X-variants
- Units which already have X-variants are also excluded
- X-variants must be possible with the current code and "within reason": a X-variant requested by a faction cannot simply inflate its stats, the X-variant recommendation must offer balance (i.e. we want to increase the armor so the speed will decrease)
- I will make any final needed adjustments to balance submitted X-variants
by: Dev Frizz on Tuesday the 22nd of November 2011
To better balance re-targeting weapons and mods the following code tweak has been made. Weapons which re-target now have the possibility of shifting their attack to an enemy which is out of range but still in the same sector; if this happens the attack will miss. Previously if an out of range enemy was selected for re-target the weapon would retain its original, in-range target.
This provides an additional tactic against re-targeting weapons, if you are able to properly position your forces within a sector.
|Announcing the PGF X-Var Hellbore!|
by: Presenter Frizz on Thursday the 20th of October 2011
I'm proud to announce the addition of the PGF X-variant Hellbore meka! This variant has +1 Range to all weapons. However there is only a 10% chance of the variant being including in the variant-pool when this meka is constructed.
Keep an eye out for other faction X-vars coming soon!
- A stack must now contain 7 or more enemy units (was 5 or more) to be attackable with Stack Attack
- Cluster Missile Mod mis-target chance increased to 35% (was 30%)
- Gyrojet Mod mis-target chance increased to 35% (was 30%)
|Announcing the Mercenary X-Var Sai!|
by: Presenter Frizz on Tuesday the 18th of October 2011
I'm proud to announce the addition of the Mercenary X-variant Sai meka! This variant has +2 Max Speed, -1 To-hit this unit, -50% Armor, and -15% Shield Regen. There is a 25% chance of the variant being including in the variant-pool when this meka is constructed.
Keep an eye out for other faction X-vars coming soon!
|Congratulations Auction Winners!|
by: Auctioneer Frizz on Saturday the 15th of October 2011
Congrats to the following factions for the winnering X-var bids:
- Paranoid Galaxy Force
- Elite Resistance
If your faction has a winning bid, please have a leader submit the X-var idea to me immediately. I'll be reaching-out to winning leaders over the next few days to discuss implementing faction X-var.
|X-var Auction Ends Today!|
by: Auctioneer Frizz on Friday the 14th of October 2011
This is it!
Faction leaders, remember to email me your X-var auction bid by 11:59pm PST, tonight. No late bids will be accepted. Remember that only one bid for one complexity can be placed: There are two Advanced X-vars, one Intermediate and one Simple up for bidding. Only one bid per faction is allowed and a faction can only bid on a single complexity.
43 | 42 | 41
40 | 39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31
30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21
20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11
10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1