|Give the Gift of TinyWarz!|
by: Frizz on Tuesday the 15th of December 2009
In the spirit of the holidays (and by popular demand) you can now make a purchase for another player using their in-game name (instead of using their email address). To make a purchase for another player click on either of the Purchase links in the Account Settings panel, then click the "Make a Purchase for Another Player" link at the top of the page, enter the name of the player you would like to make a purchase for and then select the item you would like to purchase for them. Purchases made for other players are currently anonymous, if you would like to reveal your generosity you will need to send a message yourself.
|Planet, Merit & Unit Tweaks|
by: Frizz on Monday the 14th of December 2009
- Payouts every 600 turns (was every 100 turns), payouts increased to 3 faction points per Node (was 0.5)
- Nodes can now only be re-captured if the capturing unit has more CE than the unit that previously captured it (capped at 1,000 CE). For example, if a unit with 200 CE captures a Node, only a unit with 201 or more CE can re-capture that Node. If a unit with 1,200 CE captures a Node, that Node could be re-captured by a unit with 1,000 CE, but NOT by a unit with 999 CE.
- Total size reduced by 1 quadrant on each side: was 5x5, now 4x4
- Packrat merit: Now also regenerates ammo (1 every 5 turns)
- Battle Axe X: Missile / Ballistic / Energy damage reduction Mods added are increased by 50% 25%, ie. a 40% reduction gives 50%, a 20% reduction gives 25%
- Phase Guardian: Increased Shields to 70 (was 60)
- Palestar: Increased AoE Shield Regen to 25% (was 15%)
by: Frizz on Saturday the 24th of October 2009
You can now view Arena Stats from the Player Profile panel; this displays Arena Kills, Deaths, Deploys, CE Deployed, CE Destroyed and the number of Pots Won. Stats are only recorded in Arenas where Bidding is enabled.
- Integrated Units can now be restricted from Arena planets.
- Activated Units can now be restricted from Arena planets.
- Unique Units, Mods and Buildings can now be restricted from Arena planets.
- Units can no longer cloak on Zedus.
|Arena Planet - Tweaks!|
by: Frizz on Monday the 12th of October 2009
A few updates and tweaks have been made to Arena planets:
- Buildings can now be limited by Complexity
- Buildings can now be included or excluded from the Max Army Limit
- The planet panel will now give more information about each player's victory conditions
- Cloaking will now function properly if Faction / Ally Indicators are turned off
- New Victory Condition Added: Kills to Deploys
- The Sha'Kahr Queen is now resistant to Ballistic attacks
- The Sha'Kahr are now more aggressive
- Pirata Meka: Weapons added to this meka no longer receive +1 Range
- Ballista Meka: Weapons added to this meka receive +1 Range, Controlled Speed increased to 3 (was 2)
|Bidding & Tourney Madness!|
by: Frizz on Saturday the 10th of October 2009
You can now create your own tournaments on Arena planets through the Bidding and Pot system. To create your own tournament - requisition an Arena planet, then select a Pot amount (that you will pay) and / or a Buy-in amount (which people who deploy to the planet will pay) and select your victory conditions for claiming the pot: Most Kills, Highest CE Destroyed or Best Kills to Deploys ratio. At horizon, the player who meets the victory condition will receive the entire Pot.
The following options have been added to Arena planets:
- Max Army Size
- Allow Redeploying
- Allow Out of Bounds Movement
- Allow Shared Sight
- Allow Faction / Ally Indicators
Also, the cost of Arena planets has been decreased to 1 TinyBuck for every 20 Turns.
Lastly, to celebrate this update this weekend will be Tourney Madness. All weekend I will creating Arena Tourney planets with different rule sets and victory conditions. The first tourney planet is already online with a 100 TinyBuck Pot ready to be won ... with more to come!
by: Frizz on Sunday the 04th of October 2009
Arena Planets have been added! These can be found in Deployment -> Arena (you may need to clear your brower's cache and re-login to TinyWarz before you can see these changes). There are currently five Arena Planets available, this amount will be adjusted as needed. These are planets you can customize and rent for TinyBucks; the controller of an arena planet can configure many different aspects of their planet, including:
- Planet's size
- Password protection
- Complexity of Units and Mods deployable
- Deploying with or without bases
- Allow / disallow Cloaking
- Allow / disallow Commands
- Allow / disallow Faction Level Bonuses
- CE Limit
Arena Planets are all currently Practice Planets - it costs no Command Points to deploy or issue Commands there. Units lost on Practice Planets are not actually destroyed.
Also: The bug allowing Level 3 crews to be Scrapped / Given has been fixed.
Lastly, Observer Mode is back! You can now observe other players who are deployed to Duel or Arena planets. Players creating Arena planets have the option of enabling or disabling Observers.
Also: Orbit durations for Arena planets have been increased by 100%. Players who previously requisitioned planets have been refunded half the TinyBucks spent.
|New Chat Mods|
by: Frizz on Saturday the 12th of September 2009
Please join me in welcoming three new Chat Moderators: Dalves, DJ, and Walterohdim. These new moderators have been placed on a 30 day evaluation to ensure they are a proper match for the TinyWarz community. If you have any issues with these new Mods during this evaluation period, please email me directly so I can resolve them.
by: Frizz on Saturday the 29th of August 2009
- Hellbore Shields increased to 60 (was 50), Armor increased to 60 (was 50)
- Ballista Max Speed increased to 4 (was 3)
- Any weapons added to the Pirata now receive +4 Damage, +1 Range
- Juggernaught's base-weapons now do +4 damage against Bandits
- Paid Days have been renamed TinyDayz
|Happy Birthday TinyWarz!|
by: Frizz on Tuesday the 11th of August 2009
Happy Fourth Birthday TinyWarz! Thanks to everyone who has joined us over the last four years and a special congratulations to the trivia winners: chubs, LOLTanker, Dogg1000, Battalia, heartkilla, Pounce, Militant, sirstephen, SopaS, 1ron, chino215 & Vanoi.
by: Frizz on Tuesday the 11th of August 2009
Salvage attempts will now display which player owned the unit being salvaged. Also, factions now have a Salvage Power - this provides the ability to see any salvage ordered on a unit or building on any planet where Player vs. Player combat is allowed. You can view the last 500 salvage attempts by faction members or show all salvage attempts on a planet. Sha'Kahr salvage attempts also appear in this report. Salvage report entries are deleted after 5 days. This should give greater transparency to battlefield salvaging.
- Bandit Bases on Faction War planets are now smaller.
43 | 42 | 41
40 | 39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31
30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21
20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11
10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1